viernes, 27 de junio de 2008

MY OWN STORY

3. Tell some anecdotes about parents and grandparents and how they met. “Imagine” a family history, either inspired by actual events or made up of fictional people and how they met. The stories must begin with an ending such as the one in The Danish Poet: "If it hadn't been for a Danish poet and Sigrid Undset and a rainy summer in Norway and a slippery barn plank and a careless mailman and a hungry goat and broken thumb and a crowded train, my parents might never have met."
There are many ways to trace one's ancestors, either by researching genealogy or through DNA tracing, but if we want to know the human stories, we have to ask family members and hope for the best.

4 comentarios:

caro dijo...

My mom and my dad used to dance in a Folkloric group, when they met, nothing in particular happened, my mom had 15 years old and my dad 19.

The time passed and they were dance partners, my mom had other boyfriend but he was very jealous and my mom broken up with her boyfriend when he got angry because she danced with my father.

The time continued passed and my parents continued dancing in the group. The time passed and they became couple and later they married when my mom had 22 and my dad 26.

alejandra dijo...

My great-grandmother and my great-granfather were found when it was Mexican revolution.

My great-grandfather Francisco Palacios was a militar of the group of pancho villa my great-grandmother known for Isabel or nana-nilla was the daughter of a acendado.
Fracisco he went with isabel to the ranch America and lived happily whit their children.

One of them was my grandfather oliverio palacios he told histories of the revolution and as the home of my great-grandfather came differents people of the military’s . My great-grandfather died at the age of 111 years old.

Elena Corzo dijo...

Sofia is the cousin of my dad. Roxana is the friend of my mom. Roxana invited my mom a party and my mom met Sofia, and Sofia arrived with my dad.
And my mom met my dad, but my dad worked outside the city, after my mom met my dad, my dad come back to Tuxtla again and beginning to leave.
They became a couple, after two years like a couple, they married.

Doctor Felix dijo...

My parents used to work in the navy, my father was geometry teacher and my mom, was a English teach, they worked in the same school when they knew, and they were in a relationship, for four years. In this time, they traveled to many places around the world, and known all continents. They were married on December 25, 1990 and currently living in Tuxtla Gutierrez, my dad works as a math teacher and my mom is an English teacher.

They have 2 sons who now will complete its high school in December. I do not know what would happen if they were not known at the same school where he worked ... maybe, I would not be born.